img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finale

i feel like I've been running in circles lately. so much to do, so little time is an understatement. it's true, though. these diaz people are heading south. i've been meaning to write a "yay, we're moving to california!" post, but as i said before, circles and running. i finally got my butt in gear and applied to school. i got accepted around thanksgiving and here we are, 5 days from rolling out. sweetness. i decided to get a head start and take a couple classes online before i start on ground in april and it just so happens that my finals are due by tomorrow. two new classes start on thursday and by saturday we need to have our apartment packed up, patched up and be on the road on sunday. good times. so, i'm heading back to it, but thought i'd say hi and share my final project that i completed just moments ago. see you on the flip side.

8 comments:

richard dandelion said...

Wow. You're brilliant. What software (if any) did you use to create those tiles?

It's hard to believe that Lola is leaving Seattle. I'm so excited for your new adventure in the southland, and can't wait to see you in two and a half weeks!!!

Natalie said...

Truly talented! I want a copy of everything I've seen so far to frame and put up in my house! We, too, are excited to have you moving to more sunny regions AND close to Krista at the same time. Now, if we could just get the other two in the same vicinity....or even the same state!

Man Child said...

Lola, I would give anything to have even 1/1000 of your talent. I was just thinking that when we finally get a house and get to decorate the way we like, I will have to fly you down to help! Good luck on the packing and cleaning and moving and all that fun jazz. Wahoo for sunnier days!!

Man Child said...

Sorry, not B-Hal, last post was Megara :)

Jana Brookes said...

Your work is great! I can't wait to see more thinks from the mind of Mrs. Diaz!!
I hope you are excited to live in Cali! I loved and it, and I'm sure you will too! Good luck with finals, cleaning apt, packing, and MOVING!! Best of luck to ya!

Nicea said...

It really is the end of an era. How long have you actually lived in Seattle?

I love your art and can smell the talent all the way down here. Potent. Powerful. Pucksatawny Phil. I don't know where that last part came from.

I think I'll miss your not being in Seattle, but I'm excited for your new adventure.

So, which school on the ground in CA are you going to?

Lola said...

RD: thanks! i used illustrator. can't wait to see you at MY HOUSE in california! wooooohooooooo

Nat: you guys are next, right?

Meg: the wahoo gave it away =)

Jana: thanks! i think you're right, i can't wait!

Neesh: 7 rainy years. it is a bit sad, it's been a great place to live. i'm going to the Art Institute of California-Hollywood.

Shawn said...

I predict you will drop out of school and become a famous actress because your school is in Hollywood. But don't! Because your art is awesome.

AND, if you need a free place to stay overnight on your way south, we live in the north and you are most welcome. I have an extra queen bed and a queen futon for PJ. Just let me know!