img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Monday, March 1, 2010

they were all made out of ticky tacky and they all looked just the same

i like things in place. i like when things are even, i hate odd numbers. i have found that the more i take on, the greater my need becomes to control everything {and everyone} around me. basically, i'm a total control freak. i try not to fly that flag at all times, but it certainly rears itself. often.

i don't like to forget things or leave things unfinished; it's a constant internal struggle.

SO.

the point of that little field trip into my psyche. i like to give myself little goals to work on, small things to improve upon. sometimes it's my behavior, my diet {rarely}, my priorities, etc. i like to start on the first of the month and ride it through. a definitive starting and stopping point and appropriate length of time to actually accomplish something without it being so long i burn out.

about a week ago i realized that march started on a monday {it's like a chocolate chip cookie, wrapped in a zinger, mixed into a marionberry pie inside a sunday nap wrapped in an ice cream cone, when the first day of a month is ALSO the first day of the week}. my brain pictures the week beginning with monday and progressing uphill to sunday...another post, another time.

seriously, just get to the point. when realizing said delightful fact, i started planning my march goal. i decided perhaps i could do a little {lot} less complaining. i don't need to list the blessings of my good fortune to know that i. have. it. good. in the words of gob: "c'mon!"

so, guess what? i did a test run the last few days and wow. big difference. big. huge {pretty woman}. we'll see how well it plays out when my 31 days are over. the beauty of it all? come april 1, i can get drunk off that whine.

and now, a bunny.

12 comments:

Nicea said...

You have your siblings' gift of words and how to use 'em. Love your style, love your post, love your little self.

P.S. I KNEW there was something unique and wonderful about yesterday but I couldn't put my finger on it. After all, it was a Monday and Mondays are notoriously ill though of. But yesterday. Yesterday was different. March 1. On a Monday. Ahhhh.

Meg said...

Everyone needs a little bunny. Good luck with your goals. My goal this month is to finish Elyza's Tinkerbell slippers and make Easter baskets (I saw some at Target I am going to try and mimic, cute!)

Natalie said...

You can do it!! You are a compliment to everything around you. And. I love the bunny.

Shawn said...

Thank you for a wonderful glimpse into your psyche. I loved it! At this writing, you have inspired me. We will see how long I can make it last. :) xox

Beautiful and fun writing.

Jamie said...

Awesome. The bunny at the end reminds me of the last line of the new Old Spice commercial:

"I'm on a horse."

Seen it?

Too funny. Love your post. Good luck with that :)

abbyjane said...

did gob pull that bunny out of a hat?

No Big Dill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dane said...

Yeah, Yeah...the guy in the $4,000 suit is holding the elevator for the guy that doesn't make that much in 3 months. Come on!!

Jana Brookes said...

you seriously do not seem like a complainer to me. have a daughter like mine, who will remain unnamed, and you'll understand.
anyway, i feel i've been a total control freak lately. i think i'm nesting. i can't get the house clean enough, and i have projects galore i am trying to do, or to get James to do!! I can't stop it either.
i also hate odd numbers.

and that bunny is so cute. i would totally have it for a pet, and i don't really love animals anymore. weird? or normal for someone who was maybe a LITTLE over exposed to animals growing up? i don't know. you be the judge.

annie said...

that's not one of those flesh eating bunnies is it? run away run away!

srsly. lv yr style.

miss kitti said...

blah blah blah. Cutest. Bunny. Ever.

Sorry, what were you saying?

Oh right, I love this post. I love that we have control freakishness in common. We were meant to be in the same family.

Jessica said...

"the bathroom is bigger than the blue banana!"

We should seriously hang out. Although, two control freaks together? I'm not sure if it's a bad idea or an AWESOME idea.

I'm gonna go with awesome.

Good luck with your goal....