img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Guilty Pleasures...

So, sometimes I'm not a very nice person. I'd say on average, 2-5 times a day. You see, in my building (at work)the restroom is on the second floor. Now, I would say I use the restroom, um, about 3-5 times a day. Let me preface by saying there are NO stairs in my building so I am forced to take the elevator one floor up to use the restroom (lame-0). And I hate sharing elevators! I hate the stupid small talk, the lack of places to stare in hopes of avoiding the small talk opportunities and the awkwardness in deciding who gets to exit first. So I'll just say it, I purposely hit the 'close elevator' button even when, no, especially when I hear or see someone racing to catch it. I mean, it's not like your missing your flight people! Another one will show up any second. Relax!
Wow, it feels really good to get that off my chest. I feel a slight pang of guilt everytime, but I'm not going to lie, I usually feel pretty victorious too.

9 comments:

miss kitti said...

love this post. I hate sharing an elevator too! Thanks for fessing up first.

Sherry Carpet said...

does that button actually work? i think the best usage is when someone is running for the elevator and you act like you're trying really hard to hit the "door open" button but you're really pushing the other one. Then when they get real close, you put your face up to the closing doors and you look real sad and mouth the words, "oh, i'm sorry!" but you're not really sorry.

B-Hal said...

This is the best blog post I have ever read. Kudos Lo, I nearly soiled my armor I was laughing so hard.

B-Hal said...

Now that I think of it though, there have to be stairs somewhere in that building. What if there was a fire?

Sherry Carpet said...

Um, I have been to that building and I know FOR A FACT that there are stairs. I have taken them. They are called escalators, and they run on electricity.

Nicea said...

Lauren, you're hillarious!

Brittany said...

i don't think you're evil. i do it too sometimes. it just sucks if the person you close the doors on is about to pee their pants. then what is a brief minute turns into eternity as they wait for the elevator to return. so if they pee their pants, it lies on you. :)

richard dandelion said...

I say they should have gone to the elevator faster. Pee-pants are their just reward.

Just so you won't feel bad, let me confess something even worse than pushing the "Close Door" button.

Last week I took the elevator down from my office to the ground floor. Since I needed to, and was alone in the descending cab with no one
to offend, I let a nice one rip. It was glorious.

About three seconds later, the elevator hits the ground floor and opens to two of my best friends waiting to take it up to the fourth floor.

I'd be lying if I didn't giggle a bit as I fled the scene of my crime...

richard dandelion said...

Wait.





Did I type that out loud?