img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Victory!

I am in the process of decorating/redecorating our bedroom and making sense of all the crap, I mean stuff we own. I am attempting to replace all our odds and ends with a somewhat cohesive look. It's quite the process as I have put myself on a very tight budget forcing me to be super creative. My goal is to sell the pieces we have before purchasing new ones. Which leads me to the topic of this post...
::
I posted and sold my very first item on Craig's list this weekend! The purchasing of this item was also quite victorious to me as it was one of the first two grown up items I purchased as an SIW*.
The other was a brand new Queen sized bed.
p.s. I got both of these items home and put together all by myself.
::
Goodbye, IKEA Expedit Bookshelf... Hello growner upper furniture!

::

*SIW [Strong Independent Woman] is a term Eric used when he was trying to get my friends Amanda, Maria and I to figure things out on our own when he was our employer. "Figure it out" was also one of his favorites. Good times.

5 comments:

Esther said...

I'm so excited I just found your blog through Kelsey (Fox) Evans blog. I am doing the same thing and selling stuff on Craigslist. I am also going to add SIW to my signature, like PhD. Thanks for the tip! P.S. I'm also adding a link to your blog on mine!

Wyatt said...

Welcome to the exciting world of E-commerce.

Sherry Carpet said...

it's so hard to wait...if only i had something valuable to sell besides my baby (i can't part with her). the scheme for our room is coming together but we still have all the books piled up in the coat closet and all my clothes in the bottom of Al's dresser, so she just pulls them out every day and begs to wear them.

miss kitti said...

Congratulations, SIW!

richard dandelion said...

Make it work!