img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A little and a lot more...

do you get to the point in your blogging life where so much has happened and you are so backed up on your posts that it's overwhelming to even think about trying to post? yeah, i'm there.

wait, wait! i have semi-good excuses:

1. our laptop decided to go the way of the earth. Is that even an expression?*
2. our camera's memory card spazzed out and erased most of the pictures on it which were AWESOME, thus discouraging me further.
3. i'm pregnant**

so, here i am. i feel forced to borrow krista's bullet list, at least you'll get the basics.


:: eric, pj and i flew to california to surprise the fam. super fun. went to disneyland AND the dodger game. radical.

:: my bff hollie turned one year older and wiser. eric and i made her a super fun cake that truly mimicked her personality. luckily i took a picture of it with my phone, so not all was lost.

:: ashley's baby turned 1 and we also made him the best cake ever, but sadly, those pictures could not be recovered. it was light blue with different sized brown polka dots and a big orange A (for Alexander) on top. when i sat it in front of him, saw that his bib was the exact same pattern! you can imagine my pain in having no documentation.

:: i feel like i am progressing towards school, which is very exciting. i am continually learning about myself and my personality and i have discovered that when i want something, there is not much that can stop me. i mean, eric and i are married. enough said, right? sooo...i know in my heart of hearts that i want to finish school and that I WILL finish school. for whatever reason, i haven't been inspired to do so. guess what? i am now! (yay! audience applaud here) it really helped last week, when i had to work on memorial day (against my will). i believe i have a strong work ethic and am not afraid to get down and dirty and get the work down. HOWEVER, a holiday is a holiday, man! give a girl a break! i decided on that day that i am done working for someone else and ready to work for myself. it's time. i know it will be quite awhile before i get to that point, but just thinking about it makes me want to do the happy dance. (see justin) anyway, i digress. more on that topic later.

:: brian and meg and lyza came to visit (yay!). we sauntered through the market, skipped churh and ate lots of good food (thanks again, eric). for pictures, see here. i got called lolo all weekend, does it get better than that? we miss you halversons!

:: saw indiana jones and loved it. say what you will about the cheesy jokes and cheesy fight scenes and cheesy accents. but after watching the 3 previous movies to ramp up, we felt the new movie stayed true to form. dun dun dun dun....dun dun dun! love you indie!

:: saw sex and the city. LOVED IT. sorry for the readers who didn't know i was such a floozy. it's true. i love the show and i thoroughly enjoyed the movie. enough said.

:: decided my new favorite color is light blue and painted my bedroom to fit my current mood.

:: decided to stop using capital letters and write everything in lower case.

:: still annoyed it doesn't feel like summer.

:: oh yeah, mother's day was really great this year. i keep my expectiations pretty low for this day every year, but everything changed this year. i started skipping church on mother's day many years ago because i'm usually kind of bummed out. this year, though, it turned into my day because i became an insta-mom this year. pj made me a great little something (insert interpretation here: ashtray, change holder, whatever, it was wonderful). i didn't even know i needed a bobbi pin holder, but it's changed my life. i still skipped church (why break tradition) and we had a great lunch and a lovely afternoon. i got to pick a special dessert and we watched indiana jones. the one with shortround, i think. it was lovely.

:: it's been almost a year and i really love being married. i keep thinking about it. eric is wonderful and i love him like crazy a lot! for reasons i didn't even know. really, so much.

:: there's probably more, but i'm now an hour late for bed and the girl on top chef that SHOULD have gone home didn't, so that stinks.

...goodnight!




*if i sound stupid or stop making sense you can blame krista, who just called and harrassed me about my lack of posting so now I'm staying up past my bedtime

**ACE! suckas. but i am pretty sure everyone else i know is. seriously.

15 comments:

Wyatt said...

I'm pregnant too. Not Brittany, me. At least my belly thinks so. I'm a stereotype, got married, getting fat. Cool cake, good luck in school. I get emails all the time about being my own boss. I'll forward you some.

Cheryloxx said...

I remember the day I decided to finish school. It took 5 years but it was the best decision I have ever made. I don't regret a minute of the long days, late nights, frustrating teachers or all the student loan debt I now have. Best thing I ever ever did and I'm so excited for you!

C

kelsey said...

um you totally shouldn't have skipped church on mother's day because they gave out the most yummiest chocolates to mothers, which you are. unless you hate chocolates, then it was still a good idea.

Brittany said...

i got chocolates for mom's day too - and i'm not a mom. like you though, i know 23 prego women. it's true - i've been keeping a list at work. well, some have already had their babies but i still count them bc it is ridiculous. i like your cakes - they make my cow cake look really elementary. maybe someday i'll graduate to cool cakes like yours. and typing in lower case is cool. i like it best for commenting and im'ing.

ps - imagine how surprised i felt when learning that wyatt was prego on your blog! geesh!

pps - i loved the indy movie too!

Sherry Carpet said...

YES!!!!!!!!!

Nice post. Next time, be real pregnant, tho. Nah. But do. Nah.

richard dandelion said...

Kitti and I TOTALLY were bummed that Antonia got sent home instead of that other girl on Top Chef. Grrr. They must be keeping her for the drama-factor. LAME!

miss kitti said...

Also (shamed-faced) lover of the Sex and the City movie. So fun! Ditto what R.D. said.

Jamie said...

Today was the first time I saw your blog. And WOW. You guys should be in a movie or at least on some billboards because you are beautiful! I have spent WAY too many consecutive hours reading every blog I could find a link to, and it has been fun, but I'm pretty sure I need to eat something now.

I'm joining the party, and I wanted to indirectly introduce you to my boyfriend (soon to be fiance) Kevin. He and I are doing a blog together. Love you!

http://kevypooandjeebers.blogspot.com/

Tyler and Jenica said...

Lauren,

You guys seriously make the cutest cakes! I LOVE them!!! :)

Love you! Jenica

kelsey said...

Today someone told me they heard you were pregnant and I laughed and said whoever told them should really read your entire blog post.

Meg said...

Cute chick, you had Brian goin for a while! Not that that wouldn't be totally awesome! Wink wink, nudge nudge.
Meg

Nicea said...

I'm glad you've updated your blog. Th No pressure to keep doing it, though. :> The b-day cake is awesome! Did you guys go to cake school? I didn't learn any of that from Betty Crocker. As for the pregnancy announcement, I saw the asterisks and immediately scrolled down. Ha. Always read the footnotes, people! But, if it should be true sometime, you've got MY support. Everyone waits anxiously to see the little version of you. Loves.

Shawn said...

Yea, Lauren! You and Krista pregnant together! That is going to be like when your mom and all us sisters all had you and Abby and Andrea and Jamie all within a year and one day--only two less cuz you are two sisters and we are four. But I bet you could have figured that out yourself. Anyway, congratulations and way to go, Eric!

Lola said...

oops, sorry auntie. while i do hope to be preggo at the same time as krista, this time around it isn't so. if you scroll all the way down you'll see my asterisk and that i was fibbing. shame on me for leading you astray.

i'll probably be known as the girl who cried pregnant and no one will believe me when it actually happens.

Shawn said...

Oops! I never have been as astute as my older sister. But it was fun while it lasted.