img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Saturday, June 28, 2008

it has arrived

and not a day too soon. summer has decided to join us here in the greater seattle area and in a big way. today hit almost 90 and i did not even complain one time. i will love and embrace the hot weather with open arms as long as it will let me.

we didn't do much to brag about today, but it just had that summer feel, you know? it's been such a long time since we've felt that around here that i didn't let myself feel guilty for lounging the day away.

after sleeping in a bit and watching a couple episodes of LOST (that's a post all it's own) we took a long stroll down to bellevue's newest grocery store...

*new grocery stores and movie theaters are two of my favorite things, did you know that about me? i like to grocery shop and i could spend hours in a bright, clean organized beautiful grocery store. ok, maybe not hours, but i do enjoy it. also, a new, cushy, stadium style theater excites me just as much. i digress.

...we got some lunch and walked over to the big park in downtown bellevue and ate under some ginormous trees. we debated whether they were oak or elm but couldn't decide. they were lovely none the less.
we trekked home and quickly changed into our swimmin suits and camped out at the pool in our apartment complex for a bit. pj spent the evening at a friend's house so eric and i meandered outside a bit longer, did a little shopping and grabbed dinner at our favorite sushi joint.

after we picked pj up we cruised out to DQ because i've been craving a blizzard for many days now. it was one of those great evenings where you just want to crank up the music, roll the windows down and drive until your voice is hoarse from singing. we didn't drive very long, but it reminded me of when krista and i lived together in provo and used to do that. we also used to have ice cream dinner at least once a week. (39 cent mcdonalds ice cream cones) great memories.

anyway, we're back at home, pj's in bed and eric and i have made it to the 4th season of lost. it's not on dvd yet so he has set up the couch and cushions behind me in preparation for the marathon we'll be watching on the computer. wish us luck...if you don't hear from us in awhile, we didn't make it off the island.

happy summer!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I love clean, bright, organized grocery stores too. Must be a "born between April 21st and 24th" thing. I spend probably 5 times the amount of time getting groceries than the average person. What? I like to stop and smell the baking soda. (Truth: it takes me too long to find what I'm looking for)

Jana Brookes said...

Girls,girls,girls. PLEASE don't tell me you like to go to a grocery store. You grils are just too funny! I work at one, and so the is just torturous for me to hear!! Those people that just come to hang out at the store. UUUhHH!! I guess it's okay, as long as you are really just shopping;) You will learn to hate it some day, just as I do, now that I have kids, and I work at one. Just wait and see!
I am thoroughly excited for summer though! For me at the store it means lots of popsicles and watermelons, and bags of ice, for those of you grocery store fans out there! Other seasons it's candy, turkey's, pumpkins, pies and trees!! Boy, so many things I bet you didn't know I thought about, huh Lauren!?
It sounds like you just had such a fun lovin' care free kind of day! Those are the best. Enjoy as many of them as you can. Shouldn't every day be one of those anyway?!

Sherry Carpet said...

i've gotta go with jana on this one. oy, groceries. the smell of the meat aisle. the celophane. the overpriced, overpackaged cereal. fortunately, i have found salvation and all i can say is, if trader joe's were a religion, i would join it. thank you TJ for putting the joie back in my grocery-schleppin' vie.

Nicea said...

Lauren, it's a talent, a veritable gift, to love the grocery store! (I was obviously in a different gift line, as were some of your other readers.) But,I think Eric might have been in your line 'cause you guys make some of the best-ever food. It's both edible and photogenic. Cheers to you!

I suppose I could grow to love the grocery store if they didn't expect me to pay for what I take out of there.

Sherry Carpet said...

if you moved to california, "it" would arrive more often than not. we don't have new baseball stadiums, but we have old ones!