img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sew, Sew, Suck yer toe

i've been overcome by a new project as of late. learning how to sew. not only because i just want to have that skill, i need to know how to sew for school. kristy let me tag along with her at her sewing lesson a couple weeks ago and ever since, i've been hooked!


so many projects, so little time.
thanks to this book krista got me for christmas (that has been sitting on my bookshelf for six months because i got so frustrated with my sewing machine last fall that it has been sitting dormant ever since) i've been able to practice my skills AND make cute stuff. win, win.
so, without further ado...

my first creation...i wanted it to look like a donut, don't worry about it.

this is the project i started today. curtains for my boudior...


i'm still in the still in the early stages.



one day, these curtains hope to look like this...
i even dyed the fabric different shades of blue. super fun!

11 comments:

richard dandelion said...

Yay for my seamstress sisters! Hey--if you have time when you've satisfied your foot fetish, would you make me something? Anthropologie doesn't carry my sizes.

Sherry Carpet said...

you're a wizzo-wizard! i really like the fabrics you picked out.

'know your colahs and know your fabrics; that's what i tell all my little girls.'

Jana Brookes said...

sew sew cute are your creations little sewer girl. if i made a pincushion that is how i would make it. you are going to just do great and fabulous things with your machine, I can tell. but it's probably all thanks to krista for getting you that book. KIDDING!!

richard dandelion said...

hey. my first comment wasn't just a compliment. i really want something.

Lola said...

RD:
you betcha! don't get too excited though, so far i've really only been able to master straight lines. maybe i could make you a tie.

kelsey said...

You are already a natural. When is sewing club? :)

miss kitti said...

Whoa, you are seriously craft. And ambitious. Good on ya.

Nicea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicea said...

Wow, Lauren. Way to sew! What darling curtains! I'm so impressed with your sewing and dying skills.
Can't wait to see a picture of the finished project.

Nicea said...

The deleted comment was mine on accounta it got published twice somehow. Dyeing skills. Is that how you spell dyeing?

Nicea said...

Cuz I don't know how to spell dyeing. dying. diing (J/K). dieing (nope)