img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lone Soldier

i just want you all to know that all day long i think about things to blog about and my mind comes up with very clever, witty banter. when i sit down to write, however, i almost always draw a blank.

mer.

eric left for pittsburgh, pa this morning (at the butt crack of dawn mind you) so i am a bachelorette for the week. what does this mean, you ask? many many things.

#1 convincing myself i am a siw* and there's no need to be scared when i'm home along.
#2 eating cereal for dinner if i want to. in what twisted world do i look forward to cereal for dinner when every other night i get a well balance, sometimes gourmet, meal purchased and prepared for me? i am such a spoiled lame-o. i probably won't have cereal for dinner, but i COULD if i wanted.
#3 watching the celtics DEMOLISH the lakers in game 6. watching the celebration right this very minute. **just an update** i have learned this year, that not only is the diaz trio red sox fans, we are also fans of any other sport played by a boston team, namely the celtics and the patriots. stay sharp everyone.
#4 making the apartment look spic and span and then watching it stay that way for 3 whole days in a row. ps: when was the last time you heard the term "spic and span?" when was the last time you actually said it out loud. think about it.
#5 making cookies and eating them all myself. well, i do that anyway.
#6 doing whatever i want, suckas!

in other news:
i have decided i want to be a morning person. this may be shortlived, but i'm giving it a shot. more on that to come...i've gotta hit the sack!

8 comments:

Sherry Carpet said...

g'night, siw - thanks for the new post FINALLY!

miss kitti said...

I turn a fan on in my room when I'm home alone. It makes noise and drowns out the monsters under the bed.

I also love watching the house stay clean when I'm flying solo. Good times.

Cheryloxx said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get scared when I'm home alone...I don't, I don't, I don't. Oh man, Sean's leaving town next week for three days. Yikes!

richard dandelion said...

why you didn't tell us eric was coming to pittsburgh? i'd totally have taken him to dinner.

yay for empty house and cereal for dinner, though!

annie said...

all i ever eat now is raisin bran. mmmm...dah-licious!

Jana Brookes said...

you will soon learn that being home alone CAN be fun!! you get the bed to yourself, and like you said, the house stays clean and you can eat whatever you want. i guess i only say this because James is probably going to Germany sometime this summer, so I have to prep myself!! hope you survived you SIW, you!

Shawn said...

I have been without hubby for over a month and am quite tired of it. However, tonight I had brownies for dinner.

Meg said...

A morning person? Lauren Marjory Diaz a morning person? Did I read this right, was someone else posting? I have often coveted the Halverson girls' abilities to sleep in. Unless Elyza is terrible in the night, it's 7 o'clock baby!