img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Everything's Coming Up Pumpkins



this past week has been all about the pumpkin around our house. on saturday we finally trekked out to the pumpkin patch (phew!). we picked out 5 rockstar pumpkins after much mud tromping. i always have a hard time picking out pumpkins and the same goes for christmas trees. have you ever seen that Friends episode where Pheobe wants to buy all the sad, charlie brown trees so they can fulfill their christmas destiny? that's me. if i pick one up and especially if i pull it off it's stem, it's hard for me to leave it in the patch to die. i know. it's a problem. and eric is mostly patient with me as i fret over which ones get to come home with us. he tries to remind me they don't have brains or feelings and i try to believe him. we got all green ones again and the one i finally decided on is the greatest of any of my years of pumpkin patching. i was very pleased.
the final results. eric did the 2 on the left and the one on the far right. mine has star eyes and if you look close enough, you can see why pj's is named guido. good times were had by all.
pj and i made pumpkin pie sunday night and i made pumpkin cupcakes for our ward activity.

11 comments:

richard dandelion said...

You guys RULE. All these are amazing.

I guess I didn't look closely enough, though, because I don't get Guido. (Baseball thing?)

richard dandelion said...

Also, you are smoking hot. Love the darkness.

Also also, everyone: L made me the Coolest. Softpants. Ever. Seriously bitchin. She's going places.

Jana Brookes said...

Yeah for all your craftiness! The pumpkins are awesome, and I am sure the one that you pick will be forever grateful that you picked it! It probably had so much fun being carved up by you! I didn't know you could find green ones. I guess they are always orange when I see them. Duh. Learn something new every day!
P.S. You do look like such a hot babe! Eric is lucky!

Yeah for RD's nice soft pants!!

Tyler and Jenica said...

Cute, I love the adorable cupcakes and pumpkins!

Meg said...

Where are my soft pants I ask myself?
Fun pumpkins. I love the green. I haven't been to a pumpkin patch since I was in gradeschool, but I have watched Charlie Brown's The Great Pumpkin, does that count?
And yes, the hair does seem much darker than before, but fun, yes?
Oh, and PJ is adorable in the hat. Guido: is it the fab mustachio he is sporting?

Nicea said...

Oh, the absolute funness of it all! Love P.J.s chef hat and apron. He's a miniature, just like Ratatouille! (Max thinks the mouse's name is Ratatouille.) And who is that gorgeous, dark-haired stranger with the stripey green pumpkin?

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

Your pumpkins are awesome. Autumn and I were only ambitious enough to carve one pumpkin this year. I feel outdone. At least we did one more than last year right? Babysteps.

Sherry Carpet said...

all right. you win this round. but i'll get you next time, diaz...NEXT TIME!!!

Shawn said...

Cute little pumpkins. Cuter little family.

annie said...

love the pumpkins, love the hair, love the hat, love guido, love everything! love it.

Karen said...

I love that you guys carve green pumpkins. I always forget you can do that but I love that you let them fulfill their halloween destiny. Also, I totally dig the dark hair. Fun!

Miss you tons!