img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Sunday, August 10, 2008

distracted

i am long overdue for an update, but i am sorry to disappoint, i just can't. i have replaced the emptiness left in my apt. now that my lovelies have gone back CA with these books and now i'm in too deep. in the last 3 days i have done very little but read. meg started me on this vampire series and now there's no turning back. i've just started the 3rd book, eclipse and at my rate i would say i could finish the series by mid next week but i do have a job, so you can expect to see me again by next weekend. promise. i wish i could say that haven't become obsessed with these books, because to be honest i'm not exactly comforable at how spellbound i have become. i like to come off as tough, but obsiously i'm a total softy! it does give me comfort that there are SIW's out there that i look up to that seem to be equally entranced by these books. i think you know who you are.



anyway, i'm back to it, but here's a little teaser...

sharing ice cream at multnomah falls

when i wasn't being asked for "mo mouse?" it was needing more dancing with the wiggles. yeah, did you notice the crossed feet too?

9 comments:

Sherry Carpet said...

mm, i am so glad you got shots of als with eric on the computer. all mine got munged up with my sticky lens shutter. mo' mo' mo' !!!

Nicea said...

Why, why, why are you so far away? BTW a returned sister missionary in our ward gave her mission report yesterday and said she and her companion approached a woman in Hungary who, after introductions, couldn't believe her good fortune to have run into some Americans (and Mormons to boot!)just when she was up to her eyeballs in some vampire books written by a [now] well-known American who just happened to be...yup!

kristy said...

i just finished a new dawn. i can't wait for you to finish the series so we can talk vampires!

and one more thing.

i think you returned the wrong crib. mine had a broken zipper.

kristy said...

i meant breaking dawn :)

Meg said...

Love it! I finished the last one Tuesday morning at 4:30 am right before we had to leave for the airport at 9 am, nice! I have to say I love the books and the last one is pretty good. I'm glad you are as sucked in as I was!

Natalie said...

Two hundred pages left to go for me.! I just can't get your dad excited about them though. :-). He says he doesn't believe in vampires....can you believe it?? Lauren, I am so looking forward to meeting you. I have to admit I have been secretly perusing your blog for .....well, for a long time. I feel like I know you and Eric and PJ already.

annie said...

i just finished the last one, too! i started reading "the host," which is supposed to be for grown-ups, i guess. it's pretty good, but doesn't suck me in like the vampires did. so maybe i relate better to adolescent fiction. so what?

Nicea said...

Do those books really suck you in?

Nicea said...

I mean, literally?