img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Thursday, April 23, 2009

two seven

i'm not a fan of odd numbers, so naturally every other april twenty two i have reservations about getting older. regardless, i had a delightful day. took pj to school, went to class, came home and began baking my cupcake pops while watching past episodes of 30 rock. picked pj up, came home, sister and babes came over. eric came home and cooked dinner. but then someone knocked on the door and it was emily! most of you don't know emily, but she was my roommate (and has been a friend for years) before i got hitched. she completely surprised me and flew in for my birthday. awe. some. we ate dinner, hit up dad and nat with skype and k and i continued our efforts of creating the cupcake pops. they were a lot more labor intensive than originally anticipated so the unfinished cake pieces are still in my freezer, but we made one for each party person. it was a relaxed, lovely day filled with birthday wishes, sunshine and some of my favorite people. sadly, i did not take a single picture, but if you are curious about cupcake pops, go here.

8 comments:

Shawn said...

I love the cupcake pops! I really need to get motivated and do something cute like that because they really look fun. Glad you had a great birthday. xox

allegra said...

those look so darling and actually pretty fun to make.

sounds like you had a great birthday. happy birthday!

Jamie said...

Glad it was a fun day! You are always doing super fun and creative things. You go Lo.

Jana Brookes said...

Glad you had a great day! You are such a sweet girl, you deserve it!

P.S. I don't like odd numbers either!

Karen said...

Lauren - I've been thinking about you constantly for the last two days but couldn't find time to sit down at the computer to wish you a proper happy birthday without tiny hands hijacking the keyboard. Glad it was awesome and so fun that Emily came to visit. Miss you tons!

Mona said...

Hey Lauren,
Happy belated birthday, sounds like a fun day

Meg said...

I think I will have to try the cupcake pops soon. I have been thinking of having a half birthday party for Lyza in the summer since she is so close to Christmas. Hmmmm?

Nicea said...

Didn't I wish you a happy b-day? Maybe on someone else's blog? Please, please don't tell me I was hallucinating. I didn't mean to miss this.

Glad it was happy. Can't wait to see ya in about three weeks.

Love you.