img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring!

If you ask me, this could be the most perfect day of the year. There is so much to look forward to! Blossoming trees, blooming flowers, baseball season (woo hoo!) and best of all...Summer! All the flowers at work are wonderful pastel colors and they smell delightful. Easter is my favorite flower holiday because the arrangements are so lovely.
It's exciting, too, because it's as if the world wakes up. The days are longer (is there anything better than that?), kids are playing outside again and people just seem to be in a better mood. While the Pacific Northwest stays a bit chilly and rainy during the Spring, there is the anticipation of sunshine and blue skies that just feels impossible during those brutal Winter months.

As I was decorating this fall, I didn't really think about the year 'round look. I painted the walls deep copper, brown and orange and the curtains match. Now that it's Spring time I am wishing it was a bit lighter and brighter. That's my goal for the next few weeks. I want to do some spring cleaning, de-clutter the closets and welcome Spring!

I am starting with a new blog layout. I was inspired this past Sunday by the talks in Sacrament Meeting about keeping journals. I have never made journal writing a priority so I have decided to dedicate my blog to tracking my journeys and have rededicated myself to keeping it up to date.

Happy Spring to everyone!

2 comments:

Nicea said...

Spring this year seems especially welcome. I saw those same flowers in the floral department of the grocery store this afternoon and almost bought some---twice. Their colors are exquisite--just like you! Happy Spring back atcha!

richard dandelion said...

whoa. for a blog entry about brightness, your new look is kinda dark! :-)

i'm happy it's springtime, too. today the sun is shining and it's not freezing, so yay!

party on, wayne!