img { max-width: 560px; width: expression(this.width > 500 ? 500: true); }

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Date Night

Once a week PJ spends the night at his mom's house. Usually it's Friday night, which is nice, because we try and go out to a fun restaurant or go hear music and it's a great ending to the week. This week we decided to venture into Seattle; something we keep saying we're going to do more. We tend to get lazy and stay in our little "Bellevue Bubble."

[Randomd Tangent: It's actually kind of gross when I stop and think about it, so I ususally don't. Work, church, grocery store, mall, movie theater, restaurants, bank, gym are all within a 2 block radius of where we live. While I really enjoy the money I save on gas I sometimes feel like a gerbil trapped in a little cage.]
So we decided on a swank little restaurant inside the W Hotel downtown. Yummy! My steak was delicious. Well, until I bit into a big bite of grissle. Ugh. The laundry service is going to find a little treasure inside my cloth napkin. I just couldn't get myself to swallow it.

Overall, a great meal. Then we headed back to the Eastside and caught the movie 21. I am becoming a big fan of Jim Sturgess. He was great in Across the Universe and really good in this movie. I'd give it 3 stars.

All in all, a lovely evening out!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sherry Carpet said...

I love the fresh new blog! also, i have a crush on jim sturgess too.

richard dandelion said...

get rid of guhn.

Lola said...

I know, right? What the heck did I ever do to him?!

Brittany said...

hey, we went and saw 21 this weekend also. i hadn't seen any previews for the movie so i had no idea what i was getting into (we were going to see leatherheads but it was sold out). i liked it too. and i agree, jim sturgess is a cutie - but not as cute as my hubby! and about your bubble of convenience - isn't it great! our bubble is small but not as small as yours. but i LOVE it! i love having everything close. though, it is nice to get out every so often. see you in a month at my other favorite team baseball game.

richard dandelion said...

seriously. when i stupidly clicked the link, i got a virus. is s/he someone you know?

Also: I'm diggin' the new look. Friggin' suh-WEET!

Lola said...

No, I have no idea who it is. They left the same thing on another one of my posts. If you're reading this it means you are not grading so GO SLEEP! =)

Sherry Carpet said...

justin got gooned by the guhn

Tyler and Jenica said...

Hey Lauren! I'm a new blogger so hopefully we can keep in touch better!! Love you!

xoxo
Jenica

Leigh said...

Lauren, I'm in love with Jim Sturgess lately as well. Check out The Other Boleyn Girl. It's definitely a crazy role, but I love him.